Saturday, July 15, 2017

Noida chief warns negligent staff of pay cuts

Hindustan Times: Noida: Saturday, July 15, 2017.
The Noida authority’s chief executive officer Amit Mohan Prasad has decided to cut the salary of officials who are found not doing their job.
“Cutting the salary of staff is not a good idea because I have repeatedly asked them to improve their efficiency. But if they continue to commit mistakes in performing duties or are found not dealing with the public issues even after reminders, I will exercise the power to cut their salary,” said Prasad.
The Gautam Budh Nagar district magistrate BN Singh has cut salaries of officials who were found not resolving public complaints.
Residents have complained to the Noida authority CEO that their issues are not resolved despite repeatedly visiting the Sector 6 office.
“I have been visiting the Noida authority’s Sector 6 office for the last six months to get my issues resolved but no official is willing to help me. I have met the CEO, ACEOs, tehsildar and other officials, but in vain. The authority has made a mistake in land allotment but is not rectifying it,” said Sanjiv Sharma, a resident of Bahlolpur.
The Noida authority’s additional chief executive officer Atal Kumar Rai on Friday inspected premises of the planning department and Right To Information Act (RTI) cell to check if the staff is doing its job properly.
“I found that the staff of the planning department is not maintaining government records properly. I also found that dust has settled on several files and the office looks dirty. Similarly, the office of the RTI cell is also not in a proper condition. I have pulled up the staff to streamline the working of the departments. We will take action against the staff who do not perform their duty,” Rai said.
The authority is also focusing on addressing public complaints in a time-bound manner. “I have directed the staff of the planning department to resolve visitors’ issues instead of just giving them excuses. Also, I have directed the RTI cell to furnish information to the seekers without delay,” said Rai.