The Times of India: Bareilly: Friday, November 24, 2017.
Seeking
disciplinary action for their “misconduct”, Public Works Department’s Bareilly
division chief engineer A K Mishra, whose personal details were sought in a
recently filed RTI, has sought the permission of PWD head for the transfer of
13 junior engineers (JEs) and suspension of UP Diploma Engineers’ Federation
zonal secretary H N Mishra.
Mishra told
TOI, “The disciplinary action is necessitated after several instances of
misconduct agitating for their illegitimate demands, misbehaviour with colleagues
and seniors, irregularity and laxity in their work were reported against JEs.”
“Most of them
are often involved in creating nuisance; and misbehave with seniors and other
employees. In October, they staged a protest pressing the department concede to
their illegitimate demands. They boycotted work for five days, which is
unlawful. Besides, a JE had recently filed an RTI, seeking my personal
information, which is also illegal. Considering all these, I have written to
the HOD for the suspension of H N Mishra and transfer of 13 other JEs.”
Asked about
the chief engineer’s move, H N Mishra said, “It’s totally unfair; the chief
engineer is misusing his power. If he has sought my suspension and transfer of
other JEs, then it’s exploitation of employees. We are totally against the
action.”
“If action is
taken against us, we will boycott all developmental works taking place in the
Bareilly division,” said the zonal secretary, who had filed the RTI.
The zonal
secretary, who accused the chief engineer of being involved in several
irregularities, justified his RTI application, saying it was aimed at exposing
the chief engineer before senior officers.
Earlier this
month, UP PWD head V K Singh head had issued directions to its employees “not
to overstay” in effort to avoid nuisance taking place in department offices in
the state.